This is a plugin for the Ultimate Client Manager – Lite Edition. Please ensure you have purchased and installed the latest version of Ultimate Client Manager Lite Edition before using this plugin.
Bitcoin Invoice Payments
The plugin allows you to accept invoice payments via Bitcoin. Send an invoice to your customer and they will have the option to choose Bitcoin ( the other available option within UCM are PayPal, Stripe, MultisafePay and Authorize.NET). The bitcoin conversion to local currency is automatically calculated and you receive the correct amount in your bitcoin wallet. The invoice is automatically marked as paid once the bitcoin transaction takes place.
This plugin uses the popular Coinbase wallet service. You will need a Coinbase account to use this plugin. The bitcoins will go to your Coinbase wallet after a customer pays their invoice. You can transfer the bitcoins to another wallet or withdraw them to a US bank account (see below).
Please note: Coinbase currently only supports withdrawing to US bank accounts. However if you just want to keep the bitcoins online and not withdraw them to a bank account then that is fine. If you wish to withdraw your bitcoins to your bank account through Coinbase then you will need a US bank account. Please see their website for more details.
Recurring Bitcoin Payments
Do you offer a recurring service and want people to pay via bitcoins automatically? Now you can! Charge for things like hosting or ongoing service fees.
Create a subscription (with the UCM Subscription plugin) and the customer will receive a recurring invoice. The customer can setup a recurring bitcoin payment plan using their coinbase account (just like a paypal recurring payment).
Bitcoin Feature Overview
- Invoice in your own local currency, bitcoin exchange is automatically calculated
- Restrict the bitcoin payment option to certain dollar values or invoice currencies (eg: only accept bitcoin for invoices under $100)
- Support for bitcoin recurring payments – for subscription payments like hosting services ( daily, weekly, every_two_weeks, monthly, quarterly and yearly repeat periods only )
- Ability to charge an extra bitcoin fee ontop of the invoice fee
Here’s a screenshot of the bitcoin settings area within UCM:
Here’s some screenshots showing the bitcoin purchase process:
1) Generate an invoice with UCM and send it to your customer. They will be able to choose Bitcoin as a payment method:
2) The customer is taken to your Coinbase payment page. You can customise this page with a title and logo from within the coinbase management area. The customer can choose to send funds from their coinbase.com account or directly using a bitcoin address.
3) The customer pays the bitcoin address from their bitcoin wallet:
4) As soon as the funds have been cleared the customer will be automatically taken to the thank you page:
5) You will receive an email from coinbase confirming the payment:
6) The invoice will be marked as paid within the UCM system, and some additional details will be made available next to the payment:
Please login to the Live Demo and create a Customer account for yourself. Then create an invoice linked to this customer. Then email this invoice to yourself and see the available payment options.
Feature List and Product Comparison:
- Working UCM Lite install (or just get UCM Pro)
- Check the UCM upgrade system works on the hosting account (in Settings > Upgrade)
- A coinbase account to accept bitcoins
How to install
- Download and install the Ultimate Client Manager on your website
- Purchase this plugin
- Find your licence code for this plugin (click here for instructions)
- Go to Settings > Upgrade in your system
- Click the + button to add the additional licence code
- Enter your licence code for this plugin
- Click the upgrade button
- This will install the latest version of the plugin for you, and keep it updated in the future.
If you require assistance please feel free to use our support system by clicking here. Please do not post support requests on the item discussion board – these are not checked regularly and your question may go unanswered for weeks.